What’s the largest lottery ever won?
What are the 10 largest US lottery jackpots ever won?
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. …
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. …
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. …
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. …
- $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. …
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct.
Who won the biggest Mega Millions jackpot?
Top Mega Millions jackpots
- $648 million, Dec. …
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California.
- $536 million, July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana.
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey.
- $522 million: June 7, 2019: Won in California.
- $516 million: May 21, 2021: Won in Pennsylvania.
- $451 million, Jan.
Who is the richest lottery winner?
In 2018, a person who chose to remain anonymous won $1.537 billion in South Carolina. That prize remains the world’s largest lottery prize ever awarded on a single ticket, according to Mega Millions.
What store sold the winning Mega Millions?
Winning ticket for $432 million Mega Millions jackpot sold at New York City pizza shop. The lone winning ticket for a Mega Millions jackpot worth hundreds of millions of dollars was sold at a Manhattan pizza shop, according to New York state’s lottery.
Has a rich person ever won the lottery?
His win of US$314.9 million in the Powerball multi-state lottery was, at the time, the largest jackpot ever won by a single winning ticket in the history of American lottery.
Jack Whittaker (lottery winner)
|Died||June 27, 2020 (aged 72)|
|Known for||Lottery winner|
Why do lottery winners go broke?
One of the main reasons why lotto winners lose money and run into debt is due to their tax obligations. … This could mean paying income taxes as high as 40-45%. Things get worse in the United States, where many states have their own income tax, meaning that winners will have to pay twice for the cash they won.